Food services are considered an essential activity in the current context. The collective catering sector is one of the most important in our country and we offer services to a large number of users. The current sanitary situation derived from COVID-19 obliges to establish protocols so that the operation of the facilities does not increase the risk of community contagion, as well as defining the extraordinary protection measures following the recommendations of the health authorities for workers, clients, users and collaborators who must have the maximum protections and guarantees.
This is the objective of the new measures, good practice, and protocols that we at SERHS Food have applied according to the different regulations, instructions, and health recommendations to be respected for the sector. Nowadays there is no evidence that food may be a source or a route of COVID-19 transmission. Corroborated by the WHO (World Health Organization) and EFSA (European Food Safety Authority).
We have developed tools to help us identify and analyse the risks in our establishments with more detail to minimize them, as well as implement better practices in the service, facilities and with the personnel in the chain service to deal with the virus. They also work to complement other protocols already established such as the HACCP manual, cleaning plans or any other hygienic-sanitary requirement, psychosocial aspect, or quality standard.
TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
COVID-19: it is a disease produced by the coronavirus SARS-*CoV-2, a virus first detected in December 2019. The most common symptoms caused by this disease are fever, cough and feeling of shortness of breath. Other symptoms could include tiredness, pain, nose leaks, sore throat, headache, diarrhoea, vomit. Some people lose the sense of smell or taste.
RISK: possibility of a person getting the coronavirus SARS-*CoV-2.
RISK MANAGEMENT: coordinated activities to direct and control the organization of different activities in relation to risk.
AREAS OF ACTION (basic aspects)
HIGH PERFORMANCE KITCHEN (CAR)
- It is accredited with the FSSC22000 food safety regulation that establishes strict hygiene and control protocols
- Cleaning and disinfection of all spaces and risk points has been increased, as well as signalling and EPIS equipment for workers
- Covid-19 general formation
- Control and management of supplier schedules and contingency plans.
- Service and prevention measures agreed with each centre (contingency plan)
- Wide range of service options
- Emergency packs service
- Communication to involved parties of measures. Posters, signalling.
GENERAL OPERATIVE CLEANING
- Cleaning and disinfection of all spaces and risk points. Previous check list.
- Use of approved viricidal products
- Dishwashing at high temperature rinse (80°)
- Measures signalling in the centres.
- Zone 0 supplier reception
- Maintaining of 2 meters safety distance
- Extended hygiene measures (hand washing, WC, tables)
- Limited capacity for restoration services in space and shifts according to unconfinement phases
- Disposable materials, individual or assisted packaging
- Secure, contactless payment methods
- Supply of approved EPIs and application of control measurements
- Covid-19 related training
- Adjustment of schedules and confluence zones
- Instructions for uniformity and hygiene (hand washing)
All these measures applied by SERHS Food in more detail in each centre or service, and which are dynamic due to the changing situation, must fulfil the purpose of preventing the risk of contagion as much as possible, protecting all those involved in the chain of value and transmit security and confidence in management.